Invisalign (Clear Aligners)
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without metal braces. Invisalign clear aligners have transformed the field of orthodontics and made it easier for patients to get a beautiful, healthy smile.
Like metal braces, Invisalign treats malocclusions in the teeth, shifting them into correct placement. Crooked teeth not only affect the appearance of your smile, they can cause oral health issues. Teeth and gums can be difficult to clean, leading to gum disease and other health issues. Straightening your teeth can give you a healthy smile that also looks great.
To discuss clear aligners/braces in the Cypress TX area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic removable aligners that fit over your teeth to straighten them without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are custom made through a combination of Dr. Katy‘s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move and shift your teeth gently – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Katy has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Katy about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Some of the benefits of these aligners include:
- Discreet aligners that are almost impossible to see
- Invisalign aligners are comfortable to wear
- You can remove your aligners to eat or perform oral hygiene
- Treatment time is the same as traditional braces, sometimes shorter
- Less trips to the dentist for adjustments
With Invisalign, our patients get a straight, stunning smile without the hassle of braces. Many people will not even know you are wearing them – they are difficult to detect. You only need to wear them 20-22 hours a day to get results, so enjoy the foods you love, brush, then pop them back in again.